Saturday, September 6, 2014

Chasing Denver: Breathe Blue & Yoga Ujai Breathing

I travel a lot... but not necessarily well.

I just missed my second flight to Denver. And all is still well. Made 3 airport acquaintances. Maybe a serious contact (Ms. King, you out there?).

As I sit here finally charging my phone, drinking my morning Starbucks, and having a generally leisurely morning - daybreak is striking.

So, today's exercise is deep "ujai" breathing.

1) Sit tall in any chair or on the floor
2) Look out toward the horizon, just above the level of the rising sun
3) Breathe in deeply through your nose, forcibly poking out (this isn't supposed to be sexy...)
4) Breathe out through your mouth, making a loud exhale from the throat if you are so inclined.
5) Breathe in deep again, this time visualizing the beautiful blue sky entering your nostrils, bringing you peace
6) Breathe out fully through the mouth, visualizing the color red, releasing any negative or stress right along with it.

Being late isn't always a bad thing, loves.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment