Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Drive With Hands at 10 & 4: TMJ & Scoliosis Treatment

An easy lifestyle change that I try to employ as often as possible is very simple: drive with my hands at the 10 and 4 clock positions.
 
This action pushes my right shoulder down and slightly back while simultaneously pushing my left shoulder up and slightly forward.
 
Experiment with different hand positions to hold the steering wheel. I usually go with holding the wheel with my palms facing outward (supine - the palms should touch if hands are brought together.)

Pay particular attention to working on pulling the right shoulder blade moving down and slightly back.

This easy change gives me a counter-stretch for my torsion (twisting). It also opens up the entire right side of my right shoulder joint, chest, ribs, and upper back.

Try it!
Back pain caused by repetitious damaging posture while driving, pictured above.

Is your driving posture making your back pain worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment