Sunday, August 12, 2012

Raise the Roof! Exercise for TMJ & Scoliosis

So, for those of you who don't know what 'raising the roof' is, it is a very easy to execute dance move from the 90s where you use the palm of your hand to figuratively 'raise the roof.'

Everyone's done it before...

So, personally, my problem side is my right side (TMJ spasm and right rib hump); therefore, I turn my right palm upward (as though I am holding a serving platter) and try my best to keep my right wrist, elbow, and shoulder in one straight line from my field of vision. Then I start raising. I usually raise my hand for a breath of 2. Then, keeping my arm in the same position, I perform another round of in-and-out breaths to a count of 2 each. Then, I lower my hand to a count of 2.

When I do this movement, my right nostril opens up and I can breathe more freely. Also, my left teeth come together better and my right jaw pain is relieved.

Any of these moves from this YouTube video would probably be good to alleviate the pain from my right TMJ spasm.

Hope this helps and is maybe even a little bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment