Friday, August 10, 2012

Yoga and Dance for TMJ & Scoliosis

As I would imagine a lot of young women in America, I participated in ballet as a young girl. During college, that translated into my becoming a casual yogi between chemistry and psychology at the campus rec center.

And now, as an adult, that has led me to be a very, very casual yogi with a dance background. This means that on my blog, I often attempt or create moves that are sometimes a bit more acrobatic in nature than your run of the mill stretches.

Basically, I fancy myself slightly more flexible than most ladies my age. But not by more than one Big Mac combo.

So, here's an easy yoga pose that can be adjusted to any fitness and flexibility. Stand with your heels about one foot away from the wall. Place your hands high above your head against the wall with the fingers pointing downward. Simply walk your hands lower on the wall based on your spinal flexibility. Don't push it too much. Take it easy.


Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment