Monday, August 13, 2012

Sensual Movement to Treat TMJ Pain

In my quest to fix my TMJ, I have participated in more than my share of dance styles, yoga, and miscellaneous You Tube midnight pain relief excursions. One of the more promising styles has been pole dancing.

Should go without saying; this posting ain't for kids or for the faint of heart.

Pole dancing has been all the rage for a few years, and I gave it a shot a couple years ago. It was a great exercise; plenty of sweating and day-after lactic acid pain. But, it wasn't satisfying enough to stick with so it fell off my work out radar.

A few months ago, in my journey of self repair, I decided to give pole dancing another try since I remember that the movement encompassed you basically having to balance your entire body against itself (as a sort of self muscular resistance therapy?).

I'm glad I did. I've taken several classes in the last few months and always leave feeling much more balanced and physically strong. I always leave class with new inspiration for movements to emulate around the house or in the car.

You Tube has provided some additional pointers for pole dancing, including this video of FLOORWORK DONE IN SENSUAL DANCING.

The movement is very simple AND DOES NOT REQUIRE A POLE! 

Just by looking at the girl's position, you can tell that she is stretching the right side of her neck BUT ALSO bring the right side of her body downward at the hip (gravity pulling her right leg down).

Pretty sure your boyfriend won't want you to stop doing this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment